Comex Talks About Apple Internship; Says Goodbye To Jailbreaking

It's confirmed everyone, Hell freezes over. Nicholas Allegra, better known as Comex in our Jailbreakunderworld recently tweeted that he joined Apple in an internship, and now he's come on record in a sort of Q&A interview on AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Reddit. The 19-year-old founder of the most famous way to Jailbreak your device is now part of the system that he helped crack, and sadly that does mean bad news for those of us that depended on the service.

I know why you chose to read this from the start, so I'll save you the need to dive through the responses. Comex is no longer going to work on iOS exploits sadly. He also went on record to state that he received over $55,000 in donations due to his Jailbreak efforts, and that he plans to use for his college education. The full interview goes as follows:

Why an intern position though? It seems like you could carry a regular position at apple. (AstroZombie138)

Comex: I don’t know if I’d want to do that- I’ve never had a job before and I don’t know what it’s like- and I intend to go back to college soon.

Have you made any money from the scene? (jamesvdm)

Comex: I’ve made a good amount of money through donations, which is mostly being used to help pay for college. JailbreakMe 2.0 was like $40,000; 3.0 was $15,000 (not quite sure why it decreased). 

Are you optimistic about the future of the iOS platform? What features are you looking forward to next? (iconoclaus)

Comex: My personal opinion: it will probably continue to beat the pants off its competitors in performance for a while yet, and Apple’s “take your time but do it right” policy on features will probably continue to make it a pleasure to use. But I’m impatient: other platforms (WebOS) have a lot of fun stuff with no real equivalent in iOS.

After your internship with Apple and after iOS 5 is officially released, will you continue to support the jailbreak community by providing exploits? (nishnasty)

Comex: No. (But I’ll want to jailbreak my phone, so I hope someone finds them :p)

So there you have it. Truly Apple has shown that the easiest way to beat their way out of getting what they want is to hire those that are mostly a threat to them. 

0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment